[Opendnssec-user] Contributing

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Thu May 20 08:09:32 UTC 2010

On 14 maj 2010, at 17.27, Damick, Jeffrey wrote:

What are the policies for joining and contributing this project (as an individual or company)?
(feel free to contact me off-list)

Hi Jeffrey

Sorry for the delay, but I have been a little bit busy these days.

Glad to hear that you want to contribute to the project. We don't have an exact policy written down, but I will fix that this week. My idea is that we will write down items that others can contribute with. You can find some items below, but we can discuss this more soon (when I have the policy and todo list).

1. Documentation
We currently maintain the documentation in our TRAC-system. And when we have a release, then we replicate this to the main website. We feel that we would like a better way of handling the documentation. It should be easy to maintain the documentation using multiple users. Export it to multiple formats. And also keep documentation for older releases. Besides the system, we would also like to reorganize the documentation. Make it more user friendly and logical. Better descriptions.

2. Testing
There are different types of tests that we perform on the OpenDNSSEC. Unit, system, acceptance, and security testing. Unit testing is done by the developers. System testing is done manually. Acceptance testing is done by SIDN. The security testing involves code analysis, memory tests, and peer reviewing. It is the system testing that needs improvement. We are currently setting up a Hudson automated build and test environment. Someone needs to take this work and evolve it. Set up different build environments and write more tests.