[Opendnssec-user] auditor and rollover

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Thu Mar 25 10:31:46 UTC 2010

> >> BTW: the auditor hang consistently after each of these runs and had
> >> be killed maually.
> >
> > This is definitely not good. Does it hang after rollovers only?
>
> I don't think so. I had more hangs than that, but didn't pay attention
> closely. But it could be that it happended whenever the auditor produced
> a lot of output.
>
> > Would it
> > be possible for you to send me your zone and policy off-line, please?
>
> Sure. I'll throw a few things together to give a clear picture (as far
> as possible...).

It turns out that the problem was the vast quantity of errors the auditor
(correctly) found in the signed zone. For some reason, it only seemed to
be a problem when the auditor was run by the signer - not when run by the
command line.

I've updated the auditor in trunk to trim the output at 100 lines, which
solves this issue.

Thanks,

Alex.