[Opendnssec-user] enforcerd -1

Sion Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Thu Jun 10 09:50:19 UTC 2010

> I've got a short question. If one runs 'enforcerd -1' from CRON,
> as opposed to daemonizing, will 'enforcerd' then perform all required
> key rollovers? I.e. there are no timing issues at play here when
> 'enforcerd' is run like this?

Hi.

Some of the timings include a factor "when will the enforcer run next" (the
interval from conf.xml). This is important for things like prepublishing keys
as you may have to do that in this run even when it is not due, because the
next run will be too late.

If you run from cron, at a different frequency from this setting, then some of
these timings may be out.

Key rollovers will still occur, but they may be delayed by some period, maybe
1 or 2 times your cron interval... If you make the interval in conf.xml
slightly longer than the interval that cron will be using, then these issues
should be minimised.

Sion