[Opendnssec-user] Automatic resign

Patrik Wallström patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
Thu Feb 11 08:26:39 UTC 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 6:50 AM, Antti Ristimäki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to disable the automatic resign altogether and rely on
> triggering the signing process via some external script only that is
> executed periodically?
>
> Sure we can set the <Resign> interval high enough but I was just
> wondering whether the automatic resign could be disabled by setting the
> <Resign> value to zero or something?

If you set the <Serial> option to "keep" in the <SOA> block in kasp.xml, you might get what you want. What happens then is that you only resign when the SOA serial has increased, and you can trigger that with "ods-signer sign zonename". Will that work for you?

--
Patrik Wallström
Project Manager, R&D
E-mail: patrik.wallstrom at iis.se