[Opendnssec-user] adding a zone

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Dec 1 10:25:38 UTC 2010

If you add a zone, the enforcer will eventually notify the signer with:

	ods-signer update [<newzone>]

The signer updates the zonelist and checks for all zones in the new
zonelist if signer configurations have been changed.

If the timestamp has not changed, the signer will continue re-signing
for the zone at the given re-sign interval.
If the timestamp has been changed, but configuration values stay the
same, the zone is immediately re-signed.
If the configuration values has been changed, the zone is re-fetched
immediately.

Hope that this explanation helps. As Rickard pointed out, you don't have
to signal the signer manually, the enforcer does that for you.

Also helpful would be, in order to be able to see what's going on, if
you increase the verbosity of the signer before adding the zone:
	> ods-signer verbosity 6

and send me the logs.

Best regards,

Matthijs