[Opendnssec-user] Deprecating pid-files?

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Tue Aug 24 12:52:50 UTC 2010

Speaking with Debian Developer hat on.

Please don't remove pidfiles. It's important to keep them in case the
daemon is stuck and c&c interface doesn't work (or somebody removes
the socket by accident, or ...). In that case the init.d script needs
to kill the process by it's pid number and pidfile comes handy.

Ondrej

Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>