[Opendnssec-user] New known users or deployment plans

Lens Frederic Frederic.Lens at champ.aero
Wed Aug 11 11:19:55 UTC 2010

Hi there Rickard,
I'm in the process of putting OpenDNSSEC in production, as part of a project
to update and re-design our DNS infrastructure.

We have OpenDNSSEC running on a hidden master DNS server (Bind 9.7-1-P2 on
RHEL 5.5), with our public master & slave DNS servers running 9.7-1-P2 too.
We also have off-site Slave DNS's which are run by a service provider and
we're in talks with them to enable DNSSEC support.

For the moment we have one test zone signed (test.champ.aero, enabled in
ISC's DLV) but we plan to sign the 41 or so zones that we currently host.
Time frame for this is +- 6 months, as we prefer to take our time !

The problems we are running into so far :
- We maintain mostly .aero zones. There is officially no plan from them to
support DNSSEC !?
- Our .com registrar doesn't have DNSSEC support either..
- Our .lu registrar : same thing
- Our secondary DNS provider doesn't support DNSSEC - yet... but we're in
the process of changing that :) (the DNSSEC support, not the provider :) )

For the registrars, this is really a pity but we can live with it and use
the DLV
The secondary DNS provider is more of an issue. If we can't talk them into
supporting DNSSEC, I'm afraid we'll have some delays for the signing of our
zones.

Brgds,
Frederic Lens
CHAMP Cargosystems