[Opendnssec-user] SQLite -> MySQL

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Wed Apr 21 12:04:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thanks for trying my musings; glad to hear you call them improvements :)

Installing went wrong though; I should not have kept -g opendnssec in
the useradd command.  The %pre section should be:

%pre
/usr/sbin/useradd -r -l -s /sbin/nologin -c 'OpenDNSSEC signer daemons' opendnssec

Also, this will probably break on your system, which obviously already has
an "opendnssec" user present.  You would have to remove it manually
before you could install/upgrade, I think.

> sorry for the french :-)

Dealing with foreign lingo is occupational hazard of online development :)
Ik neem gewoon wraak in mijn eigen moerstaal.

> would you please send me the ouput of the failed build ?

I think I figured it out:

test -d /etc/opendnssec || mkdir -p
	/var/tmp/opendnssec-1.0.0-1-root-root/etc/opendnssec
test -f /etc/opendnssec/conf.xml || \
                /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 -m 0640 ./conf.xml
/var/tmp/opendnssec-1.0.0-1-root-root/etc/opendnssec
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
`/var/tmp/opendnssec-1.0.0-1-root-root/etc/opendnssec': No such file or
directory

The tests do not look into $RPMBUILD, so if /etc/opendnssec exists
from a prior install (removed or not, empty or not) it does not mkdir
/etc/opendnssec in $RMPBUILD and then all Hell breaks loose.

I had an empty /etc/opendnssec/ dir from a trial-install and after
removing that the built went fine.  Is there a reason why you did
not add this line to the %files section?

%dir /etc/opendnssec

Also, your %post does chkconfig, which makes sense.  But ods-control
lacks the comment lines that support chkconfig, like:

# chkconfig: 2345 55 25

How did you get this working without such a declaration of runlevels
and priorities?

Cheers,
 -Rick