[Opendnssec-user] SQLite -> MySQL

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Wed Apr 21 09:21:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am building an RPM for OpenDNSSEC 1.0.0 and will update it with the
new versions once I have it building well enough.

I intend to use MySQL to store our domain/key data.  This is because
we want to end up using 1.2 in a high-availability setup, and sharing
MySQL databases is simpler than SQLite.  We'd have an active master and
a slave that's down until it needs to come up.

A few questions come up -- and we'll probably learn more lessons as we
progress on this path.

1. What configuration options to use to build against MySQL?

 -> ./configure says --with-mysql
 -> http://www.opendnssec.org/archive/releases/page/2/ says --enable-mysql

2. What options do I use to disable SQLite?

 -> Does not seem possible yet; it might be a useful future feature though?

Cheers / thanks,

Rick van Rein
for SURFnet