[Opendnssec-user] CentOS RPM distribution

Ville Mattila vmattila at csc.fi
Tue Apr 13 08:08:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Rachid Zarouali wrote:

> as promised find attached specs file i've tweaked or made :-)

Thanks!  Unfortunately the problem of opendnssec depending on Sqlite
v3.4.2+ still would need another solution, because it seems your sqlite
package replaces the RHEL/CentOS 5 official sqlite installation.

I'm sorry but this is exactly what I'm hoping we could avoid, that is, not
to force package users "void warranty" of their RHEL/CentOS installation
by replacing system software (sqlite is required by e.g. RPM tool itself).

To attract more RHEL/CentOS 5 users to use OpenDNSSEC I think it would
be good to have the packages distributed via EPEL where the policy on
replacing official parts is strict:

EPEL FAQ [1]:
"Does EPEL replace packages provided within Red Hat Enterprise Linux
or layered products?

No. EPEL is purely a complimentary repository that provide add-on
packages."

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#Does_EPEL_replace_packages_provided_within_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_or_layered_products.3F

Ville