[Opendnssec-user] Problem trying to run Signer Engine

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl
Fri Sep 18 07:27:12 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,

I admit it is sort of a cryptic error message, but I think your zone has
lines in it with only spaces. That is encountered as a syntax error (It
reads spaces, thus taking the previous owner name and than there is
nothing else to parse on that line).

Either removing the 'empty' lines or flattening the zone down with
ldns-readzone <zonefile> should work.

Best regards,

Matthijs Mekking

Sitowitz, Paul wrote:

> Sep 17 13:24:21 dev-ng-core3 OpenDNSSEC signer engine: stderr from sorter: Warning: Syntax error, could not parse the RR's TTL:
> Sep 17 13:24:21 dev-ng-core3 OpenDNSSEC signer engine: stderr from sorter:
> Sep 17 13:24:21 dev-ng-core3 OpenDNSSEC signer engine: Sorting failed
>
> As a result, the zones are NOT being signed as I don't see any log messages indicating so nor are there any signed zones in my configured /usr/local/var/opendnssec/signed folder.

So, I'm thinking that the warning " Warning: Syntax error, could not
parse the RR's TTL" is the root cause.

Do you have any recommendations on how I can further troubleshoot this
issue?

Can you provide me a sample zone file that you know should definitely
sign with no issues?