[Opendnssec-user] Key Rollover

B C brettlists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:12:31 UTC 2009

When I try do initiate a key rollover I get the following message:

/opt/opendnssec6/bin/ods-ksmutil key rollover --zone
blacksunsystems.co.uk--keytype zsk
SQLite database set to: /var/opendnssec/kasp.db
WARNING: key rollover not completed as there are no keys in the 'ready'
state; communicated will try again when it runs next

So I try to generate some new keys as follows:

/opt/opendnssec6/bin/ods-ksmutil key generate --policy default --interval 1
SQLite database set to: /var/opendnssec/kasp.db
Key sharing is Off
HSM opened successfully.
all done! hsm_close result: 0

This doesn't seem to make any difference though, Am I mis-understanding
something somewhere.

Brett