[Opendnssec-user] Re: ods-auditor running for ever?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Oct 27 15:24:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 03:12:03PM +0000,
 Alexd at nominet.org.uk <Alexd at nominet.org.uk> wrote
 a message of 98 lines which said:

> then the auditor will run. Again, this can take some time.

What I do not understand, is the fact that it takes much longer than
the signing itself (now 41 minutes and running, while the signing with
BIND's dnssec-signzone is only a few seconds). What does the auditor
do which is so long? I've only found
<http://svn.opendnssec.org/tags/OpenDNSSEC-1.0a3/auditor/README>

> Until then, if you are signing a really large zone, and you don't
> need it to be fully audited, then disabling the auditor will speed
> up the process considerably.

How to do it? Suppressing the <Auditor> element in conf.xml? It does
not seem mentioned in
<http://trac.opendnssec.org/wiki/Signer/Configuration/ExampleConfXml>