[Opendnssec-user] RE: Build problem with Beta 2 version of OpenDNSSEC

Sitowitz, Paul PSitowitz at verisign.com
Thu Oct 22 14:27:51 UTC 2009

Alex,

I was finally able to sign the zones. Here are the steps I used:

1.	reset kasp Db and delete all zones and tmp files and signer
config files
2.	renamed test-zone.nl to example.com
3.	removed all comments and trailing spaces in example.com unsigned
zone (as recommended by Matthijs)
4.	used ods-ksmutil to add both zones
5.	Had to manually create the signer configuration files as the
software was giving errors that they did not exist (these were
previously generated automatically at the first time of signing):

[root]/usr/local/var/opendnssec/signconf: ods-signer

connecting to /var/run/opendnssec/engine.sock

cmd> sign example.com

 "Error reading zone config for example.com: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: u'/usr/local/var/opendnssec/signconf/example.com.xml'"

cmd> sign example-zone.com

 "Error reading zone config for example-zone.com: [Errno 2] No such file
or directory:
u'/usr/local/var/opendnssec/signconf/example-zone.com.xml'"

6.	$ ods-control start
7.	$ ods-signer

cmd> sign -all

By the way, I signed these zones while integrated with a LunaPCI HSM.

Thank you for all of your help and support!

Paul