[Opendnssec-user] Running signer with zone fetcher

Antti Ristimäki aristima at csc.fi
Mon Oct 12 08:02:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 10:40 +0300, Matthijs Mekking wrote:
> No. The NotifyListen is only for listening to NOTIFY messages. When
> quering for AXFR, a new socket will be created that can have a different
> address structure. I think you request a feature to set the outgoing
> interface for AXFR?

Actually no, I'm not requesting for a possibility to set the outgoing
interface for AXFR - that was just a comment/observation.

If I define the server port to be 53, the zone fetcher tries to do the
AXFR, but fails as expected because the server is not listening on port
53. If I set the server port to 8054, the zone fetcher fails with log
message "No nameservers defined in the resolver".

However, if no one else is experiencing the same problem, I think that
the error is somewhere in my configuration.

Regards,

Antti