[Opendnssec-user] Fwd: [Opendnssec-announce] OpenDNSSEC 1.0.0b2

Fredrik Pettai pettai at nordu.net
Sun Oct 11 20:52:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just a short comment about available packages for OpenDNSSEC and
softHSM.

I've committed packages to pkgsrc-wip, so lazy people like myself can
install opendnssec + it's (currently large number of) dependencies by
just doing (b)make install once. Currently, I've let the package track
svn tags instead of fetching tar balls. No checksum checks, but it
makes it easy to just do a small modification to let the package
follow trunk instead, if anybody wants to track bleeding edge instead
of the beta-releases.

So far, I've tested to install wip/opendnssec package on NetBSD 5.x
and MacOSX Snow Leopard.
That installs fine for me and some others. I haven't had the time to
test opendnssec thought...

Note that the first versions of the packages (themselves) contained
some bugs (just like the version of opendnssec it was tracking at that
time :-)) So if you want to try out the packages, be sure to fetch
pkgsrc-2009Q3 (or -current) + pkgsrc-wip (checkout HEAD).

More info about pkgsrc, pkgsrc-wip etc. here:
http://pkgsrc.org/
http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/
http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_use_pkgsrc_on_Mac_OS_X

Regards,