[Opendnssec-user] signed zones are not appearing in "signed" directory

Carsten Strotmann (Men & Mice) carsten at menandmice.com
Wed Nov 4 16:12:32 UTC 2009

Hello Rickard,

executing the auditor from the commandline revealed that the update to
Ubuntu 9.10 this weekend had silently downgraded dns-ruby to version
1.34, and that resulted in the auditor to fail.

Unfortunately there was no message in the syslog or anywhere else about
the auditor failing to start. Maybe the program launching the auditor
can check the exit code and can log a message if the auditor fails to
start or crashes.

"gem install dnsruby" gave me dns-ruby 1.39, and voila, the signed zones
where in the directory.

Thanks for your help!

-- Carsten