[Opendnssec-user] Possible missing check for the sqlite3 binary in configure

Carsten Strotmann carsten at menandmice.com
Sat Aug 8 10:35:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I had an issue with the ksmutil that I would like to document here in
case someone else will get the same issue.

I had the sqlite3 libraries installed (which is an separate package in
Debian/Ubuntu), but not the sqlite3 commandline tool.

OpenDNSSEC was compiling without error.

However when I tried to initialize with ksmutil, I've got the following
error

----(snip)----

# /usr/local/opendnssec/bin/ksmutil setup
*WARNING* This will erase all data in the database; are you sure? [y/N] y
SQLite database set to: /var/opendnssec/kasp.db
sh:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:
not found
Could not call db setup command:
	/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
/var/opendnssec/kasp.db <
/usr/local/opendnssec/share/opendnssec/database_create.sqlite3

The path of the sqlite3 binary seems to be hardcoded into hsmutil at
compiletime. Installing sqlite3 after compilation did not work,
OpenDNSSEC had to be recompiled.

It would be useful to have a check in the configure script for the
sqlite3 binary, so that the configure process stops if the binary is not
found.

-- Carsten