[Opendnssec-user] Problem with starting signer engine

Jelte Jansen jelte at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Aug 6 07:35:34 UTC 2009

Antti Ristimäki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to start the signer_engine daemon but faced the following problem:
>
> # /usr/local/opendnssec/sbin/signer_engine
>   File "/usr/local/opendnssec/lib/opendnssec/signer/Engine.py", line 547
>     finally:
>           ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> Could this have something to do with the Python version installed on our
> system? We currently have Python version 2.4 that ships with RHEL5
> installed.

it appears so; the try-except-finally construct apparently didn't work before
2.5. Attached is a patch which should fix this specific problem, I would be
grateful if you could test it. I'm not sure if there are more constructs that
don't work in 2.4 though

Jelte