[Opendnssec-user] trouble with default kasp

sheridan at CS.ColoState.EDU sheridan at CS.ColoState.EDU
Wed Aug 5 20:24:25 UTC 2009

Hi, we're trying to get opendnssec up and running on some Debian based
systems (etch, Ubuntu hard/jaunty). We've got it installed and we're
trying to do our first signing. However, when we run:

ksmutil addzone example.com default /etc/opendnssec/kasp.xml
/var/opendnssec/unsigned/example.com /var/opendnssec/signed/example.com

we get a failure message:

zonelist filename set to /etc/opendnssec/zonelist.xml.
SQLite database set to: /var/opendnssec/kasp.db
ERROR: error executing SQL - no such table: policiesERROR: database
operation failed - no such table: policiesError, can't find policy :
default
Failed to update zones

which we take to mean that it can't find the default policy specified in
/etc/opendnssec/kasp.xml, but we're using the example file and it clearly
has a policy listed out with <Policy name="default">.

If we try to add the zone manually (without ksmutil) we get as far as
signer_engine_cli:
cmd> sign all

Error handling command: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'signatures_resign_time'Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/opendnssec/lib/opendnssec/signer/Engine.py", line 240,
in handle_command
    self.schedule_signing(zone)
  File "/usr/local/opendnssec/lib/opendnssec/signer/Engine.py", line 516,
in schedule_signing
    str(zone.zone_config.signatures_resign_time))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'signatures_resign_time'

Which we take to be the same problem? Any suggestions you can give us
would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brendan Sheridan.