[Opendnssec-user] SoftHSM is blocking

Carsten Strotmann cas at menandmice.com
Tue Aug 4 09:55:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

during the initial tests of OpenDNSSEC, I run into an issue that I cannot solve.

I was able to compile all parts of OpenDNSSEC on Ubuntu Linux 9.04.

then, when I try to initialize the SoftHSM token with
softhsm --init-token --slot 0 --label "OpenDNSSEC"

I can enter the SO PIN and user PIN, but then the softhsm process "hangs". I have compiled OpenDNSSEC with loglevel=4 and see the following log messages from SoftHSM:

Aug  2 19:11:58 csmobile2 softhsm: SoftHSM: C_Initialize: Calling
Aug  2 19:11:58 csmobile2 softhsm: SoftHSM: C_Initialize: OK
Aug  2 19:12:01 csmobile2 softhsm: SoftHSM: C_InitToken: Calling
Aug  2 19:12:03 csmobile2 softhsm: SoftHSM: C_OpenSession: Calling

Any ideas where I can look for the cause of this issue?

Best regards

Carsten

--
Carsten Strotmann
Men & Mice Services
Email:    carsten.strotmann at menandmice.com
http://www.menandmice.com.

Men & Mice
We bring control and flexibility to network management

Disclaimer : www.menandmice.com/disclaimer