[Opendnssec-maintainers] Re: [Opendnssec-user] Warning to all EPEL 6 users (Red Hat / Fedora / CentOS etc) (fwd)

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Fri Jul 13 07:44:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Paul Wouters <pwouters at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd say the best way forward is to keep a very close eye on 1.4.x alpha
> in Fedora/EPEL and move it to a stable 1.4.0 release when we can. I
> could add some documentation to the description of the package that warns
> people this is alpha code and that they might want to use 1.3.x instead.

Again with my (Debian) maintainer hat ON: I would agree with adding big fat
warning about the version in EPEL being alpha to package description and
leave it be.

Much less collateral damage than downgrading (database changes) or removing
(people who already installed will be left in the open).

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>