[Opendnssec-develop] Post mortem: service disruption on wiki.opendnssec.org and issues.opendnssec.org

Roland van Rijswijk - Deij Roland.vanRijswijk at surfnet.nl
Mon Jul 7 07:01:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Last night, just before midnight CEST we experienced a power failure in
one of our data centers; unfortunately, the second power supply on our
brand new storage cluster which should have taken over also failed,
causing disruption to some VMs running on our infrastructure. The server
hosting the OpenDNSSEC Confluence and JIRA instances was also affected.
Unfortunately, Mr. Murphy wasn't quite done with us yet, as it turned
out that one of the admins had forgotten to configure Apache for
auto-startup. I believe that in polite English this is called a
"clusterf**k".

This has now been remedied and services have been restored. The service
was down between approx. 23:30h CEST and 8:50h CEST. I apologize for the
inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

Roland

--