[Opendnssec-develop] Move to git

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Tue Feb 11 07:24:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Sara Dickinson <sara at sinodun.com> wrote:

> I have added a few extra bullet points and heading to the workflow page -
> please review my changes and make sure they all make sense!

"however remember that this will they are dependant on each other for being
accepted into the upstream repository."
..that this will they are.. ? :)

> Jerry - that would be great - thank you. I think this is how most people
> will work so I think we need this asap. For example, if I have commits I
> made in subversion that I will  port after we move I will have to cherry
> pick right?

Yes.

> Question: Right now who has permission to run what bot commands?

Should be all of us.

> In the beginning I think I hear that the plan is that Jerry/Jakob will run
> every test on every pull request (not the developer)? Is this right? Will
> you do this immediately on receiving the request or only after review? How
> long does this take for the production releases - 2 hours I think for both
> DBs?

Currently:
- After review.
- Only smoke.
- Only SQLite.
- 10-20mins.

> Have I understood correctly that the aim (for pull requests that come from
> the development team) is to move quite quickly to a point where each
> developer starts (at least) a build on submitting a pull request and deals
> with any build/test failures before getting anyone else involved (reviewers
> or release manager)? This seems like one of the big wins to me that as a
> developer I can do this step by myself without the code actually going into
> the repo? Then it is the developer that co-ordinates the review and so the
> 'Jerry/Jakob/release manager' role is essentially just to do whatever extra
> review/testing is necessary as a sanity check before merging. Is this how
> people see this process developing?

I can't answer for people but we have the option do allow developers to
build and test their feature branch. Doing this does not really remove the
requirement to have a separate set of eyes to look at the code.

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/