[Opendnssec-develop] Fwd: Virtualization and HSM support

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Feb 6 07:03:47 UTC 2014

Anyone experience?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Virtualization and HSM support
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:07:47 +1300
From: Sebastian Castro <sebastian at nzrs.net.nz>
To: Patrik Wallström <patrik.wallstrom at iis.se>,        Matthijs Mekking
<matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl>

Hi guys:

During the OpenDNSSEC tutorial, I one of the attendants asked me if USB
or PCI-based HSM worked well with virtualization, for example, to deploy
an HSM to a host and run a bunch of virtual servers to provide the
signing service to different "customers". Do you have any experience
around that topic? Feel free to discuss the idea internally.

Cheers,
--
Sebastian Castro
Technical Research Manager