[Opendnssec-develop] Discussion of usability developments

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Fri Sep 27 07:21:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:17 PM, John Dickinson <jad at sinodun.com> wrote:

> IMHO: Adding additional events that the user can write scripts for doesn't
> make it easier for users. The whole point of this project is to make a push
> button DNSSEC implementation. Also, just adding more events could result in
> OpenDNSSEC developers troubleshooting users scripts.

A push button DNSSEC system does not mean you have to add
email/xmpp/twitter functionality into the Enforcer or the Signer. What to
do with events can easily be managed by wizards and providing example
scripts.

How about adding more events and writing scripts that take their config
> from conf.xml and do useful things like email/xmpp/twitter?

+1 more events (we really need a lot more), +1 script examples, -1 config
in conf.xml.

They should have their own config files to separate them from the
Enforcer/Signer, not depend on XML format, not clog conf.xml and to make it
easier to package it separately.

/Jerry