[Opendnssec-develop] Release of OpenDNSSEC 1.4.2 and the failing tests

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Sep 11 09:18:01 UTC 2013

On 11 sep. 2013, at 11:04, Jerry Lundström <jerry at opendnssec.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Olaf Kolkman <olaf at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
>
> Aha, sorry, I misunderstood that you were actually saying:
>    Pending an answer to why these tests fail we cannot release, please help!
>
> More or less, yes. Sorry if I was unclear.

On the users list somebody is looking for the release. I would respond:

A plan is a plan, until it fails.

As part of the release engineering process we do a large number of tests. Some of these tests failed on some platform. Pending the understanding of the root-cause we are delaying release.

(But now I am micromanaging things that I should not be managing :-) )

--Olaf