[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Moving some regression tests to only run daily

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Tue Jan 15 14:50:51 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Now that the regression tests have been renamed I want to move some tests from running on every build into the daily test. I propose moving most of the tests that run through non default configuration options to the daily tests so this would be:

enforcer.conf.db_hostname
enforcer.conf.db_name
enforcer.conf.db_password
enforcer.conf.db_port
enforcer.conf.db_user
enforcer.conf.move_kasp_db
enforcer.conf.privileges_nonexistant_user
enforcer.conf.privileges_ok_user
enforcer.conf.short_interval

general.conf.change_logging_ok
general.conf.invalid_logging
general.conf.move_kasp_xml
general.conf.move_zonelist_xml
general.repository.capacity_of_0
general.repository.capacity_of_1
general.repository.capacity_of_10000
general.repository.capacity_of_4
general.repository.module_missing
general.repository.module_wrong
general.repository.multiple_repositories
general.repository.pin_incorrect_01
general.repository.pin_incorrect_02
general.repository.pin_missing
general.repository.token_1_char
general.repository.token_many_chars

signer.conf.move_directories
signer.conf.privileges_nonexistant_user
signer.conf.privileges_ok_user
signer.conf.threads_of_1
signer.conf.threads_of_32

Based on the initial JUnit results these tests take around 10 mins to run.

The general aim would be to keep as many of the 'core' functional tests as possible (enforcing, signing and command line tools) running on every build while still keeping the test time to a sensible level (20 mins?) and moving everything else to the daily test. If the daily test becomes too long we will create a weekly test set. I'll move these tests on Friday unless I hear otherwise.