[Opendnssec-develop] Re: IPv6 problems to dist./svn.opendnssec.org

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Mon Jan 7 10:02:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Dec 18, 2012, at 16:55 , Jerry Lundström wrote:

> I have noticed some IPv6 problems on the KVM running our repositories, looks like a problem with the KVM network drivers.
> If you have problems try disabling IPv6 or forcing svn to use IPv4 until this is resolved.

Problem has been identified and solution will be put in place today which will require a reboot of the VMs but it takes just a few seconds so I don't think you'll notice it.

It was the generic-segmentation-offload in virtio_net driver for the guests that caused IPv6 to be very slow when sending, you'd get a burst of ~450KB then it would drop down to 15KB/s.

/Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/