[Opendnssec-develop] Re: Jenkins Git problems (Was: SoftHSM v1 now at git)

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Tue Dec 17 15:32:24 UTC 2013

Update,

On Dec 17, 2013, at 10:55 , Jerry Lundström wrote:

> - Git Plugin in Jenkins (uses cli tools) requires Git 1.7+ and we have older versions on some platforms
> - JGit (Pure Java) manage to check out the repository but somehow deletes all files

JGit is the only option since we have platforms that does not have 1.7+ but JGit is not able to fetch updates correctly.
Managed to fix that with git reset --hard (that works with older versions of git) but then its the problem that not all platforms have git installed…
AND I can't get it installed on all since I would need to reinstall some of the platforms just to get stuff installed since they have been neglected for some time.

I even checked GitHub's SVN implementation but they are basing it on a old SVN version so (of course) some of the commands that Jenkins need does not work and it bangs.

So we are in a bit of dilemma…

1) Only build on the hosts we have git on
2) Reinstall all platforms now with the new agreed OS support (<- my vote, clean up mess now not later)
3) ..?

Platforms missing git:
ubuntu12-amd64-ods03
freebsd64-ods06