[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Documentation for new versioning scheme and support policy

Rick van Rein (OpenFortress) rick at openfortress.nl
Tue Apr 9 17:42:22 UTC 2013

Hey,

> As discussed in the meeting today I have written up a wiki page describing the new policies as recently agreed:
>
> https://wiki.opendnssec.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3211964

Looks good.  One thing is missing which we take it for granted but new users might not, and that is the meaning of the third level of numbering.  We expect people to upgrade to a later one along that 3rd level stretch, and to make that pretty reliable we will not add features but merely patch bugs.

Cheers,
 -Rick