[Opendnssec-develop] testing dns adapters document

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Oct 31 10:37:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 10/31/2012 11:29 AM, Sara Dickinson wrote:
> Hi Matthijs,
>
>>From looking at this it seems to me the following are rough areas to concentrate on:
>
> 1) Would it be best (if possible) to get someone else to do some manual testing of TCP & ACL to try to catch any major issues if this is too time consuming to do in jenkins right now?

That would certainly be useful.

> 2) In terms of jenkins tests then as you said, it seems focussing on IXFR functionality and scalability seems the obvious thing to prioritise.

IXFR functionality is something that can be put in jenkins. Scalability
tests seems to me has to be done on a different platform.

> 3) I wonder if we should also consider setting up a jenkins test with the adapters using BIND and possibly validns on just one platform (since we don't know when we will have the benchmarking hardware). This could use a separate test directory and jenkins test and run once a day. It would give us a baseline and hopefully catch some issues. Given we no longer have the auditor we need to start thinking about other validation mechanisms anyway. I don't think the fact we can't support it easily on all platforms is an argument for not doing it at all?

Either on one jenkins platform or outside jenkins, an interoperability
test that can be replayed would be very nice to have. With that in mind,
putting it in the daily test dir in jenkins would make sense to me. Lets
see how far we can get with the scripts from Nominet.

Best regards,
  Matthijs