[Opendnssec-develop] SoftHSMv2 and IPC

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Tue Oct 30 15:28:45 UTC 2012

Hi

I have been looking at the issues on Inter-Process Communication in
SoftHSMv2. The current issue is that OpenBSD does not implement POSIX
Semaphores and NetBSD has a maximum length of 14 characters on the
names of the named semaphores. I tried to convert it over to System V
semaphores, but then we have an issue that we hit the maximum number
of semaphores and that there is no good equivalent to sem_unlink().

Currently there is one semaphore per object. Maybe we should re-design
IPC part of SoftHSMv2?