[Opendnssec-develop] RE: 1.3.11 release problems

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Fri Nov 16 11:11:17 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I wanted to summarise a couple of issue that have been found with the 1.3.11 release which mean we need to look at doing another release to address them.

Firstly, Jaap Akkerhuis found a problem on FreeBSD (although it affects most linux systems) which causes ./configure to fail in the new checks that were added to exclude ldns versions 1.6.14 and 1.6.15.  We have a patch (see SUPPORT-40) for this which has been applied to trunk and 1.3.

Secondly it seems that 1.3 will not build against ldns 1.6.16 on platforms that do not have strlcpy/cat because of missing LIBCOMPAT definitions in a couple of Makefiles. This has also been fixed in the 1.3 branch. The 1.3 jenkins tests are now running against ldns 1.6.16 and passing on all platforms.

The upshot is that I propose we do a further 1.3 release next week to address both these issues. At the moment I am suggesting we do a 1.3.12 release, with a release candidate first, followed by a full release.

I have generated two actions from this:
- review if we should do release candidates for all bug fix release from now on in the next team meeting
- review what version(s) of ldns we use in jenkins (OPENDNSSEC-351)

If you have any other issues that you would like to nominate for this release or comments on the above please let me know asap.

Regards