[Opendnssec-develop] Jenkins build status emails

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Wed May 2 09:29:42 UTC 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 11:23 , Alex Dalitz wrote:
> Most of the automated build/test systems I've used over the last 10 years have had the capability to email only those who have made a commit since the last successful build. It doesn't make much sense to email _everybody_ (even those who have had nothing to do with the reasons the build broke since it last succeeded) - this leads to a situation where people tend to ignore all the build emails. Which kind of defeats the point of having them...

Its already set up that way for build-*. test-* does not generate emails to committers because of the problems with random failing tests and that we have a few tests that always fails because we are working on the fix.

And I really want all emails! :) and maybe someone else does, so a separate list is the solution for that.

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/