[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Project versions in JIRA

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Fri Jun 8 18:24:15 UTC 2012

On 8 jun 2012, at 17:24, Sara Dickinson <sara at sinodun.com> wrote:

> Looking at JIRA today I can see there there is both a 1.4.0 and 1.4.0b1 version both with unresolved issues. (And a version 1.4.0a2 but with no issues against it.) I don't know how project (sub)versions were handled in the past with PT but I have seen the following type of approach work well in JIRA:

> - if needed create (sub)versions in advance for issues that are allocated to those versions

You have described why we have advanced versions :)

There is no difference to how we have work and what you described, but
we might be more lose on the rules around it all right now.

Versions without issues are placed holders for new/next issues.

What would be nice and missing right now is road maps and to deside
what issues goes into a release and stick to that to push out more
releases with fewer changes (ie scrum).

Cheers,
Jerry