[Opendnssec-develop] OS/Dists to test on

Alex Dalitz AlexD at nominet.org.uk
Wed Jan 4 14:43:19 UTC 2012

>> Why can't we use the ENFORCER_TIMESHIFT to simulate long keys and rollovers?
>

> Good point, forgot about that.
>
> But I think it would be nice to have set up that tests the real code also and not just a "hack".

Sure!

But for quickly testing a long-running system, it is very useful. It should have caught the ldns bug, for example (if we had thought to test for it...).

I have a load of tests which check that the original enforcer ran as specified over long periods, using exactly this feature. It means that you can run a "long-running" test in a few seconds on a continuous integration test machine.

Alex.