[Opendnssec-develop] Release OpenDNSSEC 1.4.0a1

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Feb 28 10:12:23 UTC 2012

Bump

On 02/14/2012 04:23 PM, Matthijs Mekking wrote:
> On 02/14/2012 03:58 PM, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:
>> Hi
>
>> During the meeting today we said the we wanted to release an
>> alpha version of 1.4.0. We still have some things to fix before
>> this can be done.
>
>> We need to decide on how to write message in the NEWS-file. What
>>  do you think? Should it be: OpenDNSSEC-XX: Component: Some text
>>  about the bugfix or feature. Component: Some text about the
>> bugfix or feature (OpenDNSSEC-XX)
>
> So far, I have been trying: OpenDNSSEC-XX: Component: Bla bla.
>
>> State that the backup files cannot be handled in this release.

I have updated the KNOWN_ISSUES and NEWS files. Do we still need the
'Incompatibility in TSIG key' issue? Also, I removed the issue related
to the auditor and $INCLUDE files.

>> What else?

I wanted to make some tests, but it is going slower than I was hoping
for. I do have a manual setup running for more than a week now
(bind -> ods -> nsd) for one example zone and that seems to be going fine.

> I am going: * through the build warnings.

Done. I also did a review of the code and cleaned up some unused
functions. That made me think that it might be wise to let Coverity
take a look at it as well.

> * to verify that all jenkins jobs for trunk are happy.

They were, but test-opendnssec-trunk is now failing. Something to do
with the test framework changes. Jerry?