[Opendnssec-develop] Re: Database backends & build or run-time dependencies

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Wed Feb 1 15:12:30 UTC 2012

On Feb 1, 2012, at 15:56 , Roland van Rijswijk wrote:

> What if you separate out the database specific code into a shared library? That allows package maintainers to package separate database backends and gives users the option of only installing the backend they need. And I would still be in favour of making which backends are built a compile time option such that normally all backends are built but users can decide not to build one or more backends if they compile from source and are not interested in the other backends.

Using a shared library is also doable. I've just brought this up with our package maintainers and we will see how the discussion goes. For compiling users this isn't really a problem since it would detect what backends are available / already installed.

/Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/