[Opendnssec-develop] RE: Regression testing update

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Thu Dec 13 10:47:57 UTC 2012

On 11 Dec 2012, at 08:51, Jerry Lundström wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Sara Dickinson <sara at sinodun.com> wrote:
>> I've had a go at the first two so am looking for some feedback before moving any further.... More details on both the following suggestions are on the wiki page: https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/OpenDNSSEC/Test+case+policy
>
> Policy looks good.
>
>> Naming
>
> What ever we agree on is fine by me as long as we all use the same.

Thanks.

>> Tracking
>
> This is fine as long as it does not make the test case directories in
> each branch the "master database" of what is to be tested. In other
> words; I would rather have the wiki as a master saying what kinds of
> tests we should have and then maybe auto generate tests into each
> branch then adding the test code for that branch for those specific
> cases.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. The idea is that the script output tells you "what is currently tested" by looking directly at the existing tests in the branches and the wiki will be a wish list of what tests we still need to add.

Can you elaborate on your idea for auto generating tests?

> Also, could we move that script out from the OpenDNSSEC trunk branch
> into maybe trunk/testing ?

Sure - would trunk/testing/framework be the best place? Or I was wondering if we could make it a function in the lib.sh file (it has a lot in common with the run_tests() function) and then it will get platform dependancy for free.

Sara.