[Opendnssec-develop] Multithreaded Enforcer issues before we can merge with trunk

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Thu Aug 30 14:20:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Another thing just noticed, multithreaded Enforcer can only be used with MySQL.

This is because SQLite locks the database internally and returns SQLITE_LOCKED and that makes the Enforcer fail for that zone. So to not delay the next release further I will only make the threads available if MySQL is the database backend.

This does not mean that it will never work with SQLite, it just means there is more work to be done and a positive side effect of getting that to work will be that we can remove the file system lock we currently have. Now thats a GOOD thing :)

/Jerry

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/