[Opendnssec-develop] [Opendnssec-otr] softhsm

John Dickinson jad at sinodun.com
Thu Oct 20 12:35:15 UTC 2011

There were actually both versions installed and because of the different ordering of the @botan_libs@ and @sqlite3_libs@ in the two Makefile.am's one ended up linking against the botan in /usr/local/lib and the other against the fakeroot/lib I had specified in the configure.

The /usr/local/lib was only used at all because --with-sqlite3 defaulted to /usr/local if not specified even though sqlite3 was not in /usr/local. (i.e. the  @sqlite3_libs@ contained -L/usr/local/lib -lsqlite3 but sqlite3 was in /usr/lib and could be found by configure without being specified using --with-sqlite3). As you know the ordering of -L<path>'s is important and in one case it was causing the incorrect botan to be linked.

the ldd command shows them as not found because neither location was in ld.conf (or whatever redhat uses).

John
On 20 Oct 2011, at 13:14, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:

>>>       libbotan-1.8.2.so => not found
>>>       libbotan-1.8.13.so => not found
>
> This is probably not the problem, but the library for Botan 1.8.13
> should be named libbotan-1.8.2.so. Jack got some complaints that he
> change the library name for each release. The (library) version number
> should be after the .so suffix. So as of version 1.8.2 he froze the
> library name. Version 1.10.X is called libbotan-1.10.so.
>
> He then probably forgot that for this release. Is this what is mixing
> up the library linking?

---
jad at sinodun.com
Sinodun Internet Technologies Ltd.