[Opendnssec-develop] Supported build dependency for libraries etc

John Dickinson jad at sinodun.com
Tue Oct 4 11:37:31 UTC 2011

On 3 Oct 2011, at 13:40, Jerry Lundström wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We got a few dependencies for OpenDNSSEC/SoftHSM and now that we are getting the build farm ready I would like for us to decide if we are going to support distributions (and their own packages of our dependencies) or if we are going to support specific versions of our dependencies?
>
> This will impact how we set up the build farm environment, just update the dist or build the library our self.
>
> /Jerry

The dependancies fall into 3 camps:

1:
ruby
dnsruby
ldns
libxml2
botan
cunit
cucumber

2: things like gcc, gnu autotools and various compatibility libraries depending on OS.

3: SoftHSM.

My initial thoughts are that anything where we support multiple versions (e.g. if we supported ruby18 and ruby19 and jruby) or if the version changes often then we should have jenkins install it. At the moment there are only single versions of group 1 listed in the documentation and I have no feel for how much this list changes.

group 2 should use distribution defaults.

SoftHSM is currently built from trunk on every run of the build/test tree. Do we need to support older versions?

WDYT?
John

(PS, multiple ruby support should be easy to do with rvm)
---
jad at sinodun.com
Sinodun Internet Technologies Ltd.
Stables 4, Suite 11,