[Opendnssec-develop] OpenDNSSEC 1.4 and the auditor

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Fri Nov 4 13:11:19 UTC 2011

On 4 nov 2011, at 14:01, Alex Dalitz wrote:

> It seems to me that it is now time to retire the auditor, starting from version 1.4. This would also remove all the nasty Ruby dependencies from OpenDNSSEC.
>
> What does everyone else think?

I believe is the right decision and we came to the same conclusion at the OAB meeting earlier this week. We did however suggest that the auditor is kept in the tree (i.e., in trunk/auditor) and that the hook to call an auditor (which could be the legacy one, or something like validns) is kept in the signer engine.

	jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter
Kirei AB - http://www.kirei.se/