[Opendnssec-develop] Trailing dot in enforcer

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Mon Mar 14 12:07:49 UTC 2011

> >> Is this because currently you could have two different zones in the
> >> enforcer: "zone" and "zone."? I am not sure if we necessarily have to be
> >> backwards compatible with this.
> >>
> >> I would like to see that everywhere you make the comparison:
> >> - - "zone" equals "zone"
> >> - - "zone" equals "zone."
> >> - - "zone." equals "zone"
> >> - - "zone." equals "zone."
> >>
> >> In that case, it doesn't matter how you would add them, and the user
> >> doesn't have to be concerned about being consistent.

Okay. Now "zone add" still silently drops a trailing dot (except for ".") All
other commands work either way (if both forms of the zone exist then the one
without the dot will be found first).

The one command which is still strict is "zone delete", this is important for
people who might have both forms of the zone to be able to remove one
deterministically.

Sion