[Opendnssec-develop] PublishSafety and RetireSafety

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Jul 6 13:55:54 UTC 2011

> Yes. You can think of it like this... The propagation delay is a guess,
> and may be longer than the value given, so this term is included to add
> some extra safety.

Okay, so propagationdelay is entirely like publishsafety.

Do you agree it does not actually add safety over propdelay and it is
only cosmetic? (No offense intended, I only want to make sure I
understand fully and correctly).

> You have to look at the original version of the timing draft for a full
> explanation:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morris-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-00

Will do.

//yuri