[Opendnssec-develop] Reloading zonelists into the signer engine

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Tue Jul 27 09:48:20 UTC 2010

Hey Sion,

You've probably noticed the patches that I uploaded through trac.  I
imagine the signing of "uk" is keeping you busy though!

There's one more patch to come, which we'd need for our more dynamic
use of OpenDNSSEC.  I would intend it to go into 1.2 and/or 1.1.2, to
be discussed in the face-to-face meeting.

What I've proposed Matthijs (in Dutch, silly me) is to patch the signer
for a command like "ods-signer reload" that would ask it to fetch the
zonelist and merge it with its held status.  In the same patch, I could
have the KASP Enforcer send that command after it reloads the zonelist.

Do you agree that this is a sensible improvement with registrar signing
service in mind?

Cheers,
 -Rick