[Opendnssec-develop] Re: RC4

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Tue Feb 2 16:05:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Currently is says:
> *************************
> .\" Copyright (c) 2010, OpenDNSSEC. All rights reserved.
> .\" See LICENSE for the license.
> *************************
>
> There is no OpenDNSSEC entity. And no LICENSE file.

Heheh, the LICENSE file is a good idea.

As for the entity, I've also seen places where "The XYZ project" is
referenced, possibly together with its online address.

BTW, I don't think there's going to be a doubt about the meaning of
this non-existent entity in the mind of a judge.  Even a jury is
likely to understand what we mean.

> Do you need a license in a man-page?

No idea.  I never bother.  You are welcome to remove them from the
manpages I wrote; they're just there as a result of LDNS' template.

> 2. Substitute e.g. /etc/opendnssec/conf.xml with @opendnssecsysconfdir@/conf.xml (+ AC_SUBST)

Good thinking, albeit a somewhat long name ;-)

> Can this wait for 1.0.0?

I'd say make a pragmatic choice now, then tag RC4 and if we decide to
panic over these matters we can still fix them before 1.0.  I doubt
they're worth the attention, really.

Hope this helps,
 -Rick