[Opendnssec-develop] Matching DNSKEYs up to Keys->KSK elements

Alexd at nominet.org.uk Alexd at nominet.org.uk
Thu Sep 3 14:59:12 UTC 2009

Hi -

I'm meant to be tracking DNSKEYs (their in-use lifetime, and the number of
pre-published keys). I'm meant to check these against the kasp.xml
Keys->KSK or Keys->ZSK elements.

The thing is that there can be several of these elements per algorithm.
So, I don't know how I can take a DNSKEY record from the zone and relate
it to an individual Keys->KSK or Keys->ZSK element. So, I don't know what
the associated Lifetime or Emergency elements are either, and can't audit
the key.

Does anybody know how I can match up a DNSKEY RR in the zone to an
individual Keys->KSK element, without looking up the database?

Thanks!!

Alex.