[Opendnssec-develop] Updated requirements for SoftHSM v2

Patrik Wallström patrik.wallstrom at iis.se
Mon Nov 30 06:57:11 UTC 2009

On Nov 28, 2009, at 10:30 PM, Jakob Schlyter wrote:

> On 28 nov 2009, at 13.22, Roland van Rijswijk wrote:
>
>>> do we have any relative performance requirements? like scale linear with multiple keys.
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the scaling remark; are you
>> talking about RSA signature computation performance? Or about the number
>> of keys that SoftHSM stores?
>
> I was more thinking about a large amount of keys with consistent access speed. the current SoftHSM doesn't scale that good when it comes to key count.

I suspect this is only due to some INDEX missing in the database design. If somebody have the time to test SoftHSM v1 properly, we could hunt it down. I did it when I created a couple of thousand keys some months ago, and fixed the most serious one. Don't know what is left though.

--
Patrik Wallström
Project Manager, R&D
E-mail: patrik.wallstrom at iis.se